Motor Trade Insurance for Motor Mechanics Aged 21 to 24

Specialist Motor Trade Insurance Broker

home top left

If you are 21 to 24 years old and a self-employed mechanic starting or running your own business we could provide you with just the motor policy you need from as little as £675.00 per year.

We have reached an agreement with an insurance company to provide competitive insurance cover for the best young drivers at very economical premiums. The policy is designed for mechanics and covers a small vehicle owned by the policyholder plus all his customers' cars which he has to drive in connection with his occupation.

Drivers who qualify for the scheme will normally need:


1. To be aged 21 years old or above.
2. A full Licence held for at least a two years with no serious convictions.
3. A small car of group 20 or less, or a van up to 2500cc.
4. Evidence that he or she is running a viable business or a business plan if the business is brand new.
5. To be able to demonstrate at any time the existence of a business by supplying receipts for parts, invoices for work carried out etc.

The competitive premium quoted above is for Third Party Only cover for a 23 year old living in Dorset. But as a guide the following premiums are probably more realistic.

1. 22 year old - 3 years No Claims Bonus - Ford Transit 2500cc - Comprehensive cover - living in Hampshire, PO20 - £1475.00
2. 23 year old - No previous insurance - Ford Fiesta - living in Yorkshire, BD20 - Comprehensive cover - £1469.00
3. 24 year old - maximum No Claims Bonus - 1000cc van - living in Devon, EX1 - Comprehensive cover - £905

 Premiums correct up to 1st January 2016. Later quotes may vary.


Motor Mechanics may also need Liability cover for both members of the public and employees. Please Click Here for a Liability Insurance Quote Form


Employers Liability Insurance is a legal requirement if you employ anyone on either a permanent or temporary basis. It is to protect you against any claim they may make against you for injury. Courts will nearly always seem to award in favour of an employee and claims can be very substantial - with just minor looking injuries costing employers tens of thousands of pounds. Employers Liability cover cannot normally be taken out on its own - it is usually tied to a Public Liability policy.


Public Liability policies can be purchased without the Employers Liability cover and protect you against claims made by members of the public for damage or injury that you have caused. This cover is not compulsory but must be bought if you also need Employers Liability Insurance.


People employed by you to do work even on a "Self Employed" or "Sub-Contract" basis are not members of the public and the only way you can protect yourself against claims made by them is to arrange Employers Liability cover.

For an INSTANT Motor Trade QUOTATION for Mechanic Insurance
Please call us on FREE PHONE 0800 043 3634

Our Office Hours are from 9 till 5 - Monday to Friday.


Click the above for a simple form that you can complete online and submit by e-mail.

We will respond with an indication of the likely premium. The quote is normally provided within an hour during the next working day.

You may like to visit our other site